Pokemon Go gets ready for another event this week! Niantic has just announced Sustainability Week, an upcoming special event featuring Earth Day.
Every year on Earth Day, people worldwide focus on various environmental missions and projects, celebrating Mother Earth. Pokemon Go will be no exception, and this April will welcome an eco-friendly event.
Here is what you need to know.
Sustainability Week Details: Start Time
Back in 2020, Niantic unveiled its sustainability project and plans. As a part of that, Pokemon Go is introducing Sustainability Week to celebrate Earth Day and feature other environmental events this April.
Sustainability Week will air on April 20 at 10 AM, and it will be available until April 25 at 8 PM (local time).
The special event will feature the barnacle-like Pokemon Binacle and exclusive Research. More rewards and bonuses are yet to be discovered.
Sustainability Week Features
The event will bring some of the most incredible rewards, spawns, and it will also mark the debut of Binacle! Trainers will have to join forces and unlock some cool in-game bonuses.
Here’s what we can expect:
- Pokemon Debut: Binacle and Barbaracle;
- Exclusive Research: Binacle, Cottonee, and Chespin, and others via exclusive Research;
- Shiny Debut: Trubbish and Garbodor;
- A Free Sustainability Week T-shirt Avatar Item in the Shop;
- Event-exclusive Timed Research.
Sustainability Week Rewards and Bonuses
As previously mentioned, trainers will be able to team up and unlock bonuses during Sustainability Week. Those who complete real-world sustainable activities will get community points that will open rewards.
Here are the rewards and bonuses:
- Tier 1 (2,500 activations): 5-star raids will occur more;
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): Free bundle with 3 Remote Raid Passes;
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): Rewards from Tier 1 + Tier 2 stay active; 2x Catch XP bonus.
Stay tuned to find more about Sustainability Week’s real-life activities! Niantic will also publish more details soon as the special event will arrive.