Pokemon Go will soon welcome a brand-new event dubbed the Rivals’ Week. This special April event will focus on the series’ most famous rivalries.
Rivals’ Week will introduce Therian Landorus Raids, a Global Challenge Arena, and mark the debut of Gen VI duo Skrelp and Clauncher. These Poison/ Dragon and Water-type Pokemon will surely stir things up a bit!
Here is what you need to know.
Rivals’ Week Release Date Full Details
The Rivals’ Week will air on April 13 at 10 AM, and it will run until April 18 at 8 PM local time, as per Niantic’ official announcement.
The event will pair the series’ most famous rivals, including Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. These Pokemon are well-known for their competitive skills, and during the Rivals’ Week, they will have boosted spawn.
But, nothing beats the news of Clauncher and Skrelp’s debut! This cute duo arrived for the first time in 2013’s X and Y.
Rivals’ Week Features
Here is what we can expect from the new limited-time event ready to kick in Pokemon Go next week:
- Event-exclusive Field Research: rewards come with Skrelp and Clauncher encounters;
- Therian Forme Landorus debut: the Nature Pokemon’s powers are now available in 5-star Raids;
- 5km Eggs: Elekid, Magby, Meditite, Machop, Seviper, Tyrogue, Makuhita, and Zangoose;
- Skrelp and Clauncher debut: this duo will spawn more in the wild and in the Raid, too;
- Team Go Rocket: we’ll see it more frequently at PokeStops and in balloons;
- Boosted Spawn rates: Hitmonlee, Makuhita, Hitmonchan, Seviper, Meditite, Zangoose, and much more yet to be discovered;
- Rivals’ Week Challenge with Global Challenge Arena.
Rivals’ Week Raids
- 3-star: Nidoking, Seviper, Nidoqueen, Zangoose.
- 5-star: Therian Forme Landorus.
Rivals’ Week will surely feature much other exciting stuff ready to be found. Niantic will also release more information soon.
Make sure you mark your calendar for the new limited-time event. Great things are coming!