Pokemon Sword and Shield has been a blast for nearly three years, thanks to its fantastic features and iconic Pokemon. Now, every trainer wonders how to get all three Pokemon starters in the game without trading.
Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble are three Pokemon Sword and Shield starters that stirred up quite the interest among players. Curious about how to get them all? Follow the next tips and tricks!
Here is what you need to know.
Pokemon Sword and Shield Starters: how to get them
You can have all three Pokemon starters, but only if you’re willing to spend a bit of time. You’ll need a few things before you begin.
- a steady Internet connection;
- a copy of Pokemon Sword and Shield;
- the Pokemon Home app.
Now, to get Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble, here is what you have to do:
- Start with a fresh save of either Pokemon Sword or Shield, then choose your starter;
- Go to the game right away and begin the battle against Hop – that’s outside Professor Magnolia’s house; you’ll get to the Wild Area in just a bit;
- You’ll notice the Y-comm icon at the bottom left-hand edge of the screen -now, you can start your trade;
- Send over whatever Pokemon Starter you chose to the Pokemon Home app;
- Access the game file from your Nintendo Switch and delete the file;
- Do that again for your second starter choice.
When you get two Pokemon starters in your Pokemon Home, your third playthrough will be the last. However, this time around, when you’ll notice that trading is available, you’ll have to transfer the other two Pokemon back to Pokemon Home.Â
This method has worked for quite some time, and unless Nintendo decides to patch it, we still can use it safely. All three Pokemon Sword and Shield starters could be now just a few hours of playtime away.