Get ready for a brand-new series of Pokemon Go Research Breakthrough this May! Niantic has just announced the great news, and by the look of the tasks, we surely have some work to do.
The new Research Breakthrough will focus on the Galar region, featuring the Galarian Pokemon Ponyta. If you’re lucky enough, you can catch the beloved ‘mon while enjoying some sweet rewards.
Here is what you need to know.
Pokemon Go Research Breakthrough May Edition
Niantic introduced the Research Breakthrough event back in 2018. Trainers worldwide got the chance to complete a weekly challenge and encounter a special Pokemon.Â
The new May edition will feature the incredible Galar region and the Galarian Pokemon, Ponyta.Â
The list of full tasks is now available. Remember that completing the following tasks can get you just one of the rewards listed.Â
- Win in the Go Battle League:Â Drilbur;
- Win a Level 3 or higher Raid:Â Omanyte or Kabuto;
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts:Â Scyther;
- Win a Raid:Â Beldum;
- Win 5 Raids:Â Aeodactyl.
- Catch 10 Pokemon:Â Magikarp;
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon:Â Dratini;
- Catch 5 Fairy-type Pokemon:Â Snubbull/ Clefairy;
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost:Â Poliwag/ Vulpix;
- Catch 3 Pokemon:Â Hoothoot.
Buddy/ Friendship Tasks
- Trade a Pokemon:Â Pidgeotto;
- Reach Good Buddy with a Pokemon:Â 1 Sinnoh Stone;
- Send 3 Gifts to Friends:Â Snubbull;
- Earn 5 heart with your buddy:Â Jigglypuff.
- Make 3 Great throws:Â Lileep, Anorith, or Gastly;
- Make 5 Nice throws:Â Voltorb;
- Make 3 Great throws in a row:Â Onix;
- Make 5 Great Curveball throws in a row:Â Spinda;
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row:Â Gible.
- Power up Pokemon 5 times:Â Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander;
- Take a snapshot of Bug-type Pokemon:Â Weedle;
- Evolve a Pokemon:Â Eevee;
- Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokemon:Â Marill;
- Use an incense:Â Aerodactyl.
Remember that you can get new Research Breakthrough tasks by spinning PokeStops. Unfortunately, the game limits you to get more than a single stamp/day.