If you’ve ever loaded a bunch of clothes into your dryer, switched it on, and then found that it stopped working after only a few minutes, don’t worry—you’re not the only one who’s had this problem! There are a few basic causes of why that is happening, and you may also experiment with some straightforward solutions to address the issue.
Let’s find out what may trigger the safety shut-off on your Samsung Dryer and how you could possibly remedy the problem.
What is the reason your dryer keeps turning off after a few minutes?
One of the most practical equipments that a person may have in their house is a dryer for their clothing. On the other hand, these devices will, on occasion, become subject to malfunctions that will prohibit them from carrying out their functions as designed.
Check out these possible reasons:
- The drum belt has developed a crack
- The tension roller or the idler pulley has broken down
- There is a problem with either the door latch or the dryer door shuts
- The wires that make up the moisture sensor have either been disconnected or corroded
How to fix the Samsung Dryer’s shutting-off problem?
1. Ensure that the moisture sensors have been thoroughly cleaned
Cleaning the moisture sensor on your dryer using fine-grit sandpaper to get rid of any built-up filth on it and a wet rag with a drop of soap will guarantee that your dryer performs at top efficiency and will allow you to get the most use out of its capabilities. Consider using the auto-dry settings when doing laundry. It will also be if the clothes are not still wet after drying.
2. There is a problem with the driving belt
It’s not hard to determine whether or not the drive belt is in good condition; all you have to try is follow these steps:
- Take the wire that connects the dryer’s power source to the wall outlet and remove it;
- Take the bottom access panel off of your dryer and store it away in a secure location;
- Locate the lint accumulation screen housing filter within the dryer, and then take it out. This will remove it from the machine. After removing the lint screen filter, you should be able to identify a pair of screws hidden behind it. These screws were previously covered by the filter. After their location has been determined, remove the two screws;
- Before removing the top panel of the dryer, the screws that secure it must first be removed. After they have been done, the panel may be removed. Detach the wire tackles that secure the door switches before you can completely discharge the panel;
- When all of the panels have been taken off, you should have no trouble reaching the drive belt;
- As soon as you have identified the drive belt, you should perform a careful inspection of it to see whether or not it has sustained any damage or whether it has broken. Should this be the situation, it ought to be changed immediately. Proceed to the next reason if all is in working condition;
- Drag the old drive belt from the dryer before installing the replacement. Pulling the belt upwards will free the bearing, which must be done before you are able to eliminate the belt from the pulleys. First, you must disengage the belt from the pulleys. In the end, detach the front guide so that you can pull the drum far enough away from the dryer to be able to take off the belt from the drum;
- After the old belt has been taken away, the new belt ought to be coiled around the drum with the groove side of the belt facing the drum. This should be done in the reverse order of how the previous belt was removed. Before proceeding, be sure to check the signals and ensure that the belt is positioned in the middle of the drum.
- Pulleys should have the drum attached to them in the correct manner. After that, you may make the necessary adjustments to the idler sprocket to guarantee that the belt has the appropriate tension (without being too strung);
- You will be able to establish the extent to which the issue has been fixed by reassembling the dryer in the same way that it was put apart in the first place. In the event that this is the scenario, go on to the third step.
3. Never pack an excessive amount of clothing inside the drum
Did you know that a high amount of clothes can cause tense friction? Well, that’s a bad thing because it results in burning the drum! And that’s not all! The pulley could soon start to work unproperly, and the motor could end up dead.
It is important for you to ensure that the tub is not more than two-thirds full before you start washing your items. You have to constantly aggregate the weight of the water filter with the material in question, as this might have an influence on the performance of your dryer door. This is important since the total mass of the water filter and the fabric can vary.
4. If the dryer vent is clogged, you should unclog it immediately!
Whenever the vent is blocked with debris, it is hard for the humid air that is produced by the dryer to escape. So, what can you do?!
After you have figured out where the vent starts and stops, you may securely detach the conduit from the dryer and relocate it out of the exterior wall ducting system. This will allow you to do so without risk. Assuming that you are working with an electric dryer, the procedure should be rather uncomplicated for you.
In addition, you should double-check to see whether the child-safety function was mistakenly activated by you. When the kid lock is activated, the start button loses its functionality and cannot be used.