TikTok registered a vast user base in a relatively short period, mostly thanks to the app’s uniqueness and how it helped many people become online stars.
Though initially there was no way to make money in-app aside from sponsorships, TikTok developers introduced “Coins,” a means of supporting creators on the platform.
TikTok had such a big success that it even got Facebook to develop a similar platform. The giant released Reels for Instagram, and it is also working on “Short Videos” on Facebook in some regions of the world.
TikTok coins are pretty much virtual currency. Users can pay creators with coins to express their support and appreciation.
You can convert the coins into real money by withdrawing them, but there are a few restrictions imposed by TikTok when it comes to withdrawing coins.
The main downside to withdrawing coins is that you can’t withdraw them straight to your bank account. You can only withdraw them to PayPal. Therefore, you have to connect your PayPal account to TikTok, which is quite simple.
These are the steps you must follow to connect your account to PayPal:
- Launch PayPal and log in.
- Open Settings and then copy your PayPal link, which is located under your profile picture.
- Launch TikTok, go to your profile by tapping the “Me” tab.
- Tap the three dots from the top right corner and navigate to “Balance.”
- You can now see the number of coins you currently own on TikTok. Tap “Live Gifts” below it, and on the next page, tap the “Withdraw” button from the bottom side.
- Select the amount you want to withdraw.
- On the following page, pick PayPal as an option under the “Withdrawal Account” area and then insert the e-mail address you use for your PayPal account.
- When the app requests your PayPal ID, you can paste the link you copied from the PayPal app earlier.
There are a few considerations, however. The app will only let you withdraw if your account has at least $100 in it.
Additionally, you can’t withdraw more than $1,000 from TikTok each day, but that shouldn’t be a problem unless you are really popular and made many coins.
There are no fees from TikTok to transfer coins, but PayPal has some fees that vary according to your location.
The detailed fee system of PayPal is available on their official website.