Pokemon Go’s Season of Legends just introduced Charge Up, a new electrifying limited-time event! You can now get your hands on the fantastic Gen V’s Tynamo, collect some cool rewards, get a Porygon 2 upgrade, and more.
The new limited-time event is celebrating the series’ most popular Electric-types ‘mon. Discover now all the tasks and rewards.
Here is what you need to know.
Charge-up Event Date and Other Useful Details
The Charge-up limited-time event kicked in on March 16 and is available until March 22 at 8:00 PM local time.
Charge-up features the arrival of the Elektross evolution line and Manectric’s Mega Evolution.
Charge-up Full Tasks and Rewards
Pokemon Go’s Charge-up comes with some pretty easy tasks and well-deserved rewards. The best of the rewards, however, is the Tynamo and Porygon upgrade.Â
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10x Poke Ball;
- Catch a Pokemon: Voltorb;
- Catch 5 Electric-type Pokemon: Pikachu.
Final rewards:Â 10x Ampharos Mega Energy, Tynamo encounter, and 1x Unova Stone.
Tips:Â try using an Incense; every time an Electric-type spawns, catch it; sort your ‘mon by lowest CP to power up them quickly.
- Make three Great throws: Magnemite;
- Make three Nice throws in a row: Magnemite;
- Make three Curveball throws: Magnemite.
Final rewards:Â 10x Manectric Mega Energy, Sinnoh stone, and a Magneton encounter.
Tips:Â get three throws in a row first; choose Spoink or Electabuzz for a better catch area.
- Evolve three Electric-type;
- Use seven Berries to help catch Pokemon: 10x Poke Ball;
- Power up Pokemon 10 times: 3x Razz Berry.
Final rewards:Â 1x Upgrade, Porygon encounter, and 15x Ampharos Mega Energy.
Tips:Â sort your Pokemon by lowest CP to power them up; choose ‘mon who have a low upgrade cost.
- Power up Pokemon 15 times: Manectric;
- Transfer 15 Pokemon: 10x Poke Balls;
- Evolve five Electric-type Pokemon: Jolteon.
Final rewards:Â 15x Manectric Mega Energy, Tynamo encounter, and 1x Unova stone.
Tips:Â unload all Pokemon you have been catching and transfer them; evolve Tynamo or Magnemite.Â