More and more modern women have access to some kind of wrinkle cream. This is because everybody wonders how the skin will age in the future. Some of you probably wish he/she was more careful about caring for the skin years ago.
Natural antioxidants can be used to make DIY wrinkle cream that will revitalize your skin.
All those years we spent in the sun, without any UV protection, no umbrella or hat, no moisturizing, drinking junk food, and partying until the early hours takes its share for sure.
As we age, logically, our body produces less collagen. This causes, inevitably, the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The years of skin damage that we have caused to our skin accelerate this aging process. Sun damage, smoke, and harmful chemicals.
There is still hope for some people to avoid wrinkles with homemade creams for wrinkles and body oils, as well. This simple product can delay the aging process and even reverse some skin damage.
The organic homemade wrinkle cream is a great option. It’s far cheaper than the commercial wrinkle creams that you can purchase at any beauty shop. It is also gentler and much more efficient than other wrinkle creams.
Why should you use this cream?
Why would you make your own wrinkle cream when you can simply go to a beauty or health store and choose from a variety of products, then pay for it and return it to your home?
- Most commercial wrinkle creams contain very small amounts of hazardous chemicals. Although they may be small quantities, the effects of applying them daily to your skin can cause more wrinkles than eliminating them.You will notice softer skin as soon as you start making your own skincare products.
- Skin age can also be noticed in wrinkles and fine lines. If the skin beneath your eyes begins to look saggy and puffy, or if you easily see your pores getting larger, it is a sign that your skin is no longer young. Hydration is a key part of keeping your skin young and wrinkle-free. Drink plenty of water so as to moisturize your skin. Combine this with the use of hydrating creams.
- The natural antioxidants in this homemade moisturizer will revitalize and protect your skin against harmful UV rays and free radicals. They also lighten dark circles under your eyes.
You can substitute non-citrus oils for this cream if you want to use it as a daily cream.
This cream can be used for personal use, but it is also great for gifting to family and friends.
When measuring ingredients, make sure to use an electronic scale. When working with oils and waxes, accuracy is essential.
Note: This cream contains different fragrance oils and water.
Preservatives are not necessary if you’re looking to make other recipes. You can make an oil-based moisturizer that will last up to a year, depending on what oil you use.
These ingredients are important.
It’s common for creams to feel greasier after they have been applied. This wrinkle cream doesn’t need to be concerned about this. These oils were carefully chosen to ensure quick and complete absorption.
Avocado oil can be used on any skin type. It is well-known for its soothing, softening, and reconditioning properties. It works well in all types of skincare products as a carrier oil.
Argan oil is ideal for dry and older skin. This oil is rich in vitamin E and helps to make the skin fresher.
Hibiscus is definitely one of the most powerful anti-aging botanical ingredients. The “Botox” flower is also known. This flower is well-known for its ability to improve the skin’s elasticity, making it appear beautiful and young.
Hibiscus has a fantastic ability to block the activity of elastase which is an enzyme that degrades elastin. It helps delay the aging process by firming and lifting your skin.
The cream has a soothing effect from the infusion of Hibiscus. It’s essential in treating skin dryness or flakiness.
Jojoba oil can mimic the natural sebum your skin produces. This oil is a great skin conditioner for those with dry and irritated skin. This oil is a great moisturizer and should be used as the final step in your daily skincare routine.
Frankincense essential oil
Frankincense oil can slow down the formation of wrinkles. This oil may help reduce wrinkles already present on your skin.
Lemon essential oil
The skin is clearer, has better circulation, and can be used to remove wrinkles. Lemon oil can lighten the skin, can even out skin tone, and can be used to bleach age spots. Your skin will feel and look younger.
Emulsifying wax helps improve the texture and consistency of final products without leaving a greasy layer on the skin after application. It is a mild stabilizer and thickener and depends on how much you add to your recipe.
Emulsifying wax helps bind the oils and water and makes the cream more homogenous.
- 15g Avocado oil
- 10g Argan oil or Jojoba oil
- 15g Emulsifying wax (NF) (helps oil and water from separating).
- 60g herbal infusion (dried hibiscus flower or hibiscus Tea)
- 1g Preservative (optional).
- 15 drops of Frankincense essential oils
- Ten drops of lemon essential oil
- Cosmetic Jar
Take note: This recipe contains oils and water. It is best to add 1% of a preservative to make it last for one year. It will last only about three weeks if it doesn’t contain a preservative.
- To make a herbal infusion, take 3-4 pcs of Hibiscus dried flowers or a hibiscus leaf and add 1 cup of boiling water. After the infusion is ready, strain it to remove the flowers.
To make a “herbal infusion,” place the flowers in a container and then pour boiling water over them. Allow them to cool off while you cover them.
Note: Hibiscus-infused water made this homemade anti-aging cream light pink. Only used 3 to 4 pcs of dried hibiscus flowers are used.
These flowers are dried and turn a deep color. You can adjust the amount to achieve your desired color. You can add less to achieve a pinker gradient or more to obtain a deeper coloring.
- Add your oils and emulsifying wax to one of the heatproof containers. Then, pour 60 grams of the herbal-infused liquid into the second heatproof container.
Please Note: Be sure to disinfect all containers and utensils which will come in contact with your lotion with rubbing alcohol. It is possible to use a spray bottle of alcohol, but a dampened rag works just as well.
- Place the heatproof containers in a bain-marie. Let the oils melt, and the herbal infusion heat up (don’t let them boil). After everything has melted, heat the containers.
- Now, combine the oil and water. Use a whisk to combine the oils. Keep it down to avoid air bubbles.
- Once the DIY cream reaches room temperature, add essential oils. Give it another stir after each oil. Keep stirring the mixed ingredients until it cools down completely to prevent oil and water from separating.
- Transfer the cream to a sterilized container or glass container. This will ensure that the essential oils remain intact. The container/jar should be kept in the dark, cool place.
As a final – How to use:
Apply a very thin layer to the recently cleansed skin. Apply it to forehead creases, laugh lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines. This routine should be repeated every day. After a few weeks, you should start to see the results.