Who says that the world doesn’t need more Chromebooks? Powerful and slim laptops are always representing great additions to the market, especially when you need a worthy companion that can join you everywhere while on a journey.
ChromeUnboxed brings us the great news that CES 2021 continues with Acer announcing the company’s first AMD Ryzen-powered Chromebook. We’re talking about the Acer Chromebook Spin 514.
James Lin, a General Manager at Acer Inc, declared:
The pairing of AMD RyzenMobile processors with a durable design makes the new Acer Chromebook Spin 514 an excellent choice for users that need to get work done at home
The specifications for Chromebook 514 are the following:
- Dimensions: 322.6 (W) x 225.5 (D) x 17.35/17.35 (H) mm (12.7 x 8.88 x 0.68/0.68 inches)
- Weight: 1.55 kg
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Chrome OS / Chrome OS packed with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade
- Full HD 14″ IPS display (1920 x 1080) with Touch Panel
- AMD Ryzen Accelerated Processing Unit (APU)
- A maximum of 16 GB of DDR4 system memory
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics
- A maximum of 128 GB eMMC, and up to 256 GB NVMe SSD
- USB 3.2 Type A port
- HDMI® port (Acer Chromebook Spin 514 packed with Ryzen 5 or 7
- APU will have a built-in HDMI port.
- 2 – USB Type-C ports that support USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Display port over USB-C
- Silver doesn’t have a built-in HDMI port)
- 3.5 mm headphone/speaker jack, supporting headsets that support built-in microphone
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 5 2×2 MIMO Bluetooth 5
- Audio: Two built-in stereo speakers; Two built-in microphones
- Durability: U.S. MIL-STD 810 (Sand and Dust testing based on MIL-STD 810F.)
Gaming won’t represent a problem anymore with this gadget, as the standards in demanded specifications for the recent titles are growing day by day. Portable computers are representing a great way to carry your favorite games around, and we’re looking further to see other additions in the area.