The wait is finally over for all Pixel enthusiasts! Google has just confirmed the launch date for Pixel 7a, and it’s going to be May 10. How excited are you about the big reveal? A new Pixel phone will be available in the US on May 10, according to a tweet from Google India. It’s nearly certain that the Pixel 7a will be the one that makes its debut. The tweet also includes a teaser that features an out-of-focus image of the camera bar on the back along with the text “The newest phone designed by Google debuting 11.05.23 (May 11, 2023). Check out the post on Twitter below:
How to show excitement without shouting? Asking for a friend
— Google India (@GoogleIndia) May 2, 2023
What are your thoughts about Pixel 7a? What features and specs do you think are going to be included?
On May 10, Google is allegedly going to unveil the Pixel 7a at its annual developer conference. The much-awaited Pixel 7a reveal on May 10 in the United States would occur on May 11 in India, of course, because of the time difference between the two countries.
Google Pixel 7a Expected Features and Specs
A comparison between the Pixel 7a and Pixel 6a was clearly noticeable in some marketing materials from Google that have just leaked. So far, here are all the expected specs and features of the next-gen Pixel 7a:
- a 6.1-inch FHD+ (1080p) display + a refresh rate of up to 90Hz
- the Google Tensor 2 processor (the same SoC used in the Pixel 7 series)
- a front-facing 13MP lens + a 13MP ultra-wide lens + a 64MP wide lens; the Super Res Zoom is said to be able to zoom in by up to 8x
- support for wireless charging + a battery of at least 4,400mAh
- color options: Carbon, Arctic Blue, and Cotton flavors (that’s cool!)
The Google Pixel 7a will most likely be available via the Google Store (at least at first). The phone won’t be available until May 30th, according to rumors circulating around carriers and other vendors.