Mario Golf: Super Rush has made a lot of fans all over the world, as it is one of the most popular games out there right now. And to make the world even better, Nintendo has released the first big content update for Mario Golf: Super Rush, and we’re thrilled.
This new update looks promising, with ranked matches and a new playable character named Toadette and a brand new Golf Course New Donk City – and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Here is all you need to know about the new update:
Version 2.0.0 was released on the 5th of August, 2021.
- The Pause Menu options now include “Return to Character Select” and “Return to Course Select”.
- Course Select also shows now the number of holes that you need to get before moving to the next course.
- The points you need to obtain before getting the next set of clubs is shown in Character Select.
- Before the end of the game, you will get a timer with a 30 seconds countdown.
- When you play with two players in the split-screen more on a Nintendo Switch console, the screen of the player who scores first will not follow the other one anymore.
- You can now use Toadette in matches. Out of all of the characters, she has the highest control rating out there, but she also has the lowest power.
New Donk City
- A new playable golf course has made its appearance, and you probably recognize it from Super Mario Odyssey. It has 18 holes, and all of them are rated Par 3. There are plenty of strategies to look up here, including bouncing the ball off the walls.
- There are two difficulties to choose from: amateur and pro.
- Motion controls adjustments
- The angle of the club is now shown on the screen. It is also easier to generate power when you aim at full swing.
- This online play option has in its goal to improve the global ranking – from C- to S+ – this will be based on the number of match points in a month. Your opponent will be as close as possible in both rank and distance. There’s a chance there may be a difference in rank if there aren’t many opponents. But look at the bright side: if you beat a high-rank player, you will get a bonus to your monthly match points.
- Every month, match points, rank, and global rank get reset.
- The game will come in four categories:
- Button Controls: Standard Golf
- Button Controls: Speed Golf
- Motion Controls: Standard Golf
- Motion Controls: Speed Golf