Apple’s next iPhones might bring about the most significant changes in years, according to growing speculations about the iPhone 14. Leaks thus far indicate a slimmer design, a speedier A16 Bionic CPU, a sharper new primary camera, and the likely reintroduction of Touch ID..
There might be major changes to both iPhone 14 Pro and normal iPhone 14 models, with the latter likely to receive the most drastic changes, since the small is anticipated to be replaced by an iPhone 14 Max.
Hence, it’s not surprising that we’re looking forward to the iPhone 14 so much in 2022. These are our expectations for the iPhone 14, what we’ve heard so far, and why we expect it to be one of the most important Apple products in 2022.
Release date, cost, and specs
The iPhone 14’s release date hasn’t been revealed at all. According to recent Apple iPhone launch events, we may anticipate the iPhone 14 to be unveiled in September of that year. Since the iPhone 14 was put into trial production in February, the current rumor claims, it has undergone engineering validation testing (EVTs). It will be clear from the results of these testing whether the new models meet Apple’s high expectations.
- It’s impossible to say exactly how much anything will cost. Nonetheless, we expect the iPhone 14 will be priced in line with the iPhone 13’s starting price of $799 for the iPhone 13 and $999 for the iPhone 13 Pro. However, there may not be an iPhone 14 small at all, in which case a $899 iPhone 14 Max with a 6.7-inch screen would be the most likely option. To get the iPhone 14 Pro, you’d pay $999 and the iPhone 14 Pro Max would cost $1,099.
LeaksApplePro, a reasonably reputable leaker, has reported that three of the four iPhone 14 versions are projected for a price increase. Both the basic iPhone 14 and the larger iPhone 14 Max are likely to remain priced $799 and $899, respectively. iPhone 14 Pro may cost $1,099 compared to the $999 iPhone 13 Pro, which is $100 more expensive. As for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, the price might go up to $1,199 by the end of the year. Anyone wanting to get their hands on a high-end version of the iPhone 14 would be stinging their wallets if the price of the device went up much at launch.
- Only a few snippets of information have been released about the iPhone 14’s probable features. We believe that Apple will create an A-series processor for the iPhone in 2022. The A16, which is expected to be the iPhone 13’s chipset, is expected to give a significant performance gain over the A15 Bionic.
- According to Apple rumors, the iPhone 14 is expected to use an even more compact and more effective A15 Bionic processor from TSMC than the 5nm A15 Bionic anticipated for the iPhone 13.
Following Apple’s purchase of Intel’s modem division, it’s feasible that the iPhone 14 may contain an Apple-made 5G modem. Apple would have greater control over 5G performance and battery life if this were to happen.
- Apple ditching the Lightning connector in favor of USB-C has been rumored for many generations, but the iPhone 14 may finally bring it to fruition.
- This year’s iPhone 14 will appear like a hybrid between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 4. There might also be a muted button and a collection of circular volume buttons, like those on the iPhone 4, on the corners. The iPhone 14 is said to be built of titanium, that would make it more durable and sturdier than prior models, while the backside of the phone would still be constructed of glass, but also with a satin-like appearance.