From all versions of Microsoft’s operating system for PCs, Windows 10 has become the most popular in the world. While popularity isn’t necessarily a synonym for quality, you have a lot of reasons to upgrade to the latest version of Windows. Whether you want to make sure that you have access to the latest programs or games, you want a more modern interface, or you have a crush on Cortana, choosing Windows 10 is the answer!
Microsoft has made a lot of fuss about Windows 10, and we’re not here to tell you that the operating system is perfect. It has been struggling with many bugs and faulty updates, spying on users and making them still cling to the old Windows 7. But if you still want to see what Windows 10 is made of, there are a few easy steps to get it for FREE in 2021.
Running a genuine and activated copy of Windows 7/8 is mandatory
The process of getting Windows 10 for free on your PC is pretty much the same in 2021 as it was in previous years. Once you have the original and activated Windows 7 or 8, you’ll have to follow these simple tasks:
- Access Microsoft’s website and download the Windows Media Creation tool.
- Launch the file and select the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- After Windows 10 is installed, check the activation status from the ‘Settings’ menu -> ‘Update & Security’ -> ‘Activation’.
- If Windows 10 is still not activated, click on the ‘Activate’ button.
Microsoft seems to have all the time in the world to convince more people to use Windows 10 since all clues point to the idea that the software will remain Microsoft’s last operating system. Instead of bringing a Windows 11 or 20, the giant from Redmond will prefer to instead keep updating Windows 10.