Everyone knows what jailbreak is, but not anyone wants to do it. It’s true, it comes with disadvantages, as well. When it comes to a PS4, it will modify it in order to increase its functionality.
Why should I jailbreak my PS4?
You will see that Sony has restrictions when it comes to downloading and installing some content on your PS4, but jailbreaking it will lift all of the restrictions and will allow you to install games from a USB. We’re here to tell you how to lift all of the restrictions here on PS4.
What does it mean to jailbreak my PS4?
Jailbreaking is illegal, and it’s not an official service. It may cost you your warranty. It will also make some modifications to the software of the system. People choose to jailbreak their devices for when they want to download and install games without paying for them. But you may want to think whether it’s worth it or not.
What are the benefits?
- Once you’ve jailbroken your console, you can download your games and enjoy them for free or at a lower price.
- You can also play PS2 or PS3 games on your PS4 console, and that’s not usually possible otherwise.
- You are free to customize ROM as you’d like and add different mods and themes to your games.
What are the disadvantages?
- This will cost your warranty. The customer service from Sony will not help you after you’ve jailbroken your console.
- You cannot install new games. You will need to wait for the new ones to be pirated.
- You cannot play online games
- You won’t be able to access your PlayStation network. You might get blocked or even banned.
How to jailbreak my PS4
Before doing this, you need to know the software version of your PS4. The jailbreak can only be done for the 6.72 version or below.
When you have the latest version installed, you cannot jailbreak it, no matter what anyone says. The wrong file can mess with your console for good.
What do I need to jailbreak it?
All you need to jailbreak your PS4 is a USB with at least 1GB free space, and your PS4 console needs to be compatible with the custom software. You will also need WinRAR.
- First of all, you need to download the custom firmware file for the PS4 jailbreak.
- By using WinRAR (or any other extraction program), extract the downloaded files.
- Insert your USB into the system and copy the extracted file into the root of the USB – not in another folder.
- The console needs to be turned off. Insert the USB, then turn the console on and wait for a while.
- Go to Settings
- Go to System Update
- Go to Update through storage media
- Press on Proceed.
It may take 10 to 15 minutes to install the custom firmware. After this, your console will run v3.50 cfw, which is custom firmware. Now you’re ready to download your favorite PlayStation games without any restrictions. You will be free to add up mods, different themes, and many other features.