Who says that the world doesn’t need more Chromebooks? Powerful and slim laptops are always representing great additions to the market, especially when you need a worthy companion that can join you everywhere while on a journey.
ChromeUnboxed brings us the great news that CES 2021 continues with Acer announcing the company’s first AMD Ryzen-powered Chromebook. We’re talking about the Acer Chromebook Spin 514.
James Lin, a General Manager at Acer Inc, declared:
The pairing of AMD RyzenMobile processors with a durable design makes the new Acer Chromebook Spin 514 an excellent choice for users that need to get work done at home
The specifications for Chromebook 514 are the following:
- Dimensions: 322.6 (W) x 225.5 (D) x 17.35/17.35 (H) mm (12.7 x 8.88 x 0.68/0.68 inches)
- Weight: 1.55 kg
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Chrome OS / Chrome OS packed with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade
- Full HD 14″ IPS display (1920 x 1080) with Touch Panel
- AMD Ryzen Accelerated Processing Unit (APU)
- A maximum of 16 GB of DDR4 system memory
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics
- A maximum of 128 GB eMMC, and up to 256 GB NVMe SSD
- USB 3.2 Type A port
- HDMI® port (Acer Chromebook Spin 514 packed with Ryzen 5 or 7
- APU will have a built-in HDMI port.
- 2 – USB Type-C ports that support USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Display port over USB-C
- Silver doesn’t have a built-in HDMI port)
- 3.5 mm headphone/speaker jack, supporting headsets that support built-in microphone
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 5 2×2 MIMO Bluetooth 5
- Audio: Two built-in stereo speakers; Two built-in microphones
- Durability: U.S. MIL-STD 810 (Sand and Dust testing based on MIL-STD 810F.)
Gaming won’t represent a problem anymore with this gadget, as the standards in demanded specifications for the recent titles are growing day by day. Portable computers are representing a great way to carry your favorite games around, and we’re looking further to see other additions in the area.
Based out of Detroit, Tonia Nissen has been writing for Optic Flux since 2017 and is presently our Managing Editor. An experienced freelance health writer, Tonia obtained an English BA from the University of Detroit, then spent over 7 years working in various markets as a television reporter, producer and news videographer. Tonia is particularly interested in scientific innovation, climate technology, and the marine environment.